Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rainbow Cookie Cake

June is a very busy month in my family with 3 birthday in the matter of 2 weeks, including my own! So as a special treat for myself I decided I wanted to make myself a cake of those delicious New York cookies called Rainbow Cookies. I have been toying with this idea for a while as it often comes up in Wedding talks between the boyfriend and I, so after a little search I was able to find a delicious recipe for a delicious 3 layer cake!


I originally found the recipe off Always order Desserts Blog but I of course Verde off a little bit to ensure this was more to our liking, for example I used 14oz of Almond paste and 1 cup of Apricot Preserves only (as we prefer apricot to the raspberry jelly) and due to my upright blender currently being out of state I found great use in my Ninja blender to help smooth out the batter and really cut in the almond paste. Based off my experience I did find the cake seemed a bit dry (probably due to my inability to pay attention to a timer) and I would suggest if able to cut each layer in half and add extra preserves the better! The best part for me is that the only dairy that this cake contains is in the chocolate coverage! So its safe for those with a cow's milk allergy like my son (as long as they don't get that delicious bittersweet chocolate goodness!)


Finish your cake off with a little fun decor and Ta Da!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment